Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Broker
The Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) program helps employers train workers in English language, literacy and numeracy skills specific to their workplace. Commonwealth funding is available on a competitive grants basis.
The WELL program delivers flexible, specialist training tailored to the business operations of the employer. The program can address issues around safety and compliance, communication, change of role, introduction of technology and transition to leadership, as well as English as a second language and obvious low levels of literacy and numeracy.
SkillsDMC is a WELL Broker
As a broker for the WELL program, SkillsDMC is responsible for:
- assisting organisations to scope and develop effective WELL applications
- connecting employers with registered training organisations (RTOs) and other relevant bodies
- assisting with the linking of WELL programs with industry objectives, training needs and workforce development
- liaising with the Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE), industry, RTOs, and other key stakeholders.
Benefits of the WELL Program
WELL training is an important enabler in the workplace. It also has significant impact on productivity and individual job performance.
Top 10 reasons employers engage with the WELL program
- Improve communication
- Improve documentation
- Improve safety
- Increase computer literacy
- Improve literacy
- Support training
- OH&S requirements
- Staff promotion
- Complete certification
- Improve efficiency.
What are the proven benefits of the WELL program from an employer's perspective?
- 79% of employers surveyed agreed that employee job performance had improved
- 64% of employers agreed that employee productivity had improved following WELL training.
How does the WELL program improve productivity?
- Increases responsibilities
- Reduces absenteeism
- Increases job performance
- Increases work quality
- Improves workplace technology skills
- Increases multi-skilling.